Which parts of the world have been hit hardest by the novel coronavirus? Refer to our world map for coronavirus live updates as cases roll in. Our coronavirus tracker offers the most up-to-date count of confirmed COVID-19 cases across the globe.
The CDC recommends the following guidelines-even if you are young, or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk of others. Prevent COVID-19—it’s in your hands!
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If you don’t have soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol based.
- Try not to touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Don’t touch or shake hands with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you’re sick, and keep your children home when they’re sick.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars restaurants and food courts-use drive-thru, pickup or delivery options.
- Follow CDC guidelines and wear a proper face mask while out in public.